Red River Animal Emergency Hospital and Referral Center in Fargo, ND is currently seeking Veterinary Assistants to join our Critical Care Team. You will work alongside board-certified critical care specialists as well as skilled emergency veterinarians and technicians.
We are hiring for full-time and part time positions that require flexibility with scheduling since we are a 24/7 Emergency Hospital (Shifts are typically 3-4 days a week and may include: Weekends, Holidays, and Overnights).
As a Veterinary Assistant at Red River Animal Emergency Hospital and Referral Center some of your responsibilities will include assisting with physical exams, preparing supplies for treatments and procedures, helping with triaging and discharging of patients, and insuring a comfortable and sanitary environment for all patients. Good communication skills in person and over the phone are a must.
We believe in working together to exceed our clients and patients expectations through remarkable care and communication for their pets.
As a Veterinary Assistant, you will:
- Assist in triaging emergency cases as they arrive
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients, maintain proper medical records
- Assist veterinarians with physical exams, ultrasounds, minor procedures and surgery
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment for patients and staff
- Perform proper patient handling while recognizing the needs of the patients
- Assist technicians during anesthesia, treatments, radiographs, laboratory sample collection and CPR
- Sterilize surgical instruments and equipment
- Stock hospital supplies and process shipments as they arrive
We are proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Veterinary Assistants: $16 per hour (more with experience)
Full-Time benefit options include:
- Health Care Benefits – medical(Blue Cross Blue Shield Platinum), dental & vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Pet Care Discounts/Pet Food Discounts
- Scrub Allowance
- CE Allowance
- Shift Differential
RRAEH is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.