Red River Animal Emergency Hospital and Referral Center in Fargo, ND is seeking compassionate and skilled full and part-time Veterinary Technicians to join our growing hospital.
This position would include triaging incoming patients, assisting in emergency surgery as well as monitoring post-op and hospitalized patients, assisting with blood transfusions, providing treatments to out-patients, and going over discharge instructions with owners. On the job training, flexible schedule (3 to 4 Shifts per week) and room for growth are just some of the many perks!
We are a regional 24/7 emergency hospital who has been operating in the Fargo area for the past 15 years. We are currently staffed with two board certified Veterinary Emergency Specialists, eleven full-time Emergency Veterinarians, 20 + full-time Licensed Veterinary Technicians, and 20 + Veterinary Technician Assistants.
The Veterinary Technician role at RRAEH is an exciting, fast-paced opportunity that will allow you to utilize the skills you worked so hard to gain. We also encourage and motivate you to expand and grow your skills through CE and on the job training with the most talented veterinary professionals!
As a Veterinary Technician, you will:
- Triage emergency cases as they arrive and communicate effectively with veterinarians on incoming cases
- Provide treatments for hospitalized patients including IV fluid therapy, oxygen therapy, wound care, feeding tube management, provide patient assessments for pain and discomfort
- Technical skills include IV catheter and central line placement, sample collection (phlebotomy, cystocentesis, urinary catheterization), nasal insufflation catheters, blood and plasma transfusions.
- Develop proficiency in radiography, anesthesia during emergency surgery, anesthetic ventilation and neonatal nursing, critical care monitoring
- Perform in-house laboratory testing including CBC, Chemistry, blood gas analysis, urinalysis, cytology, coagulation tests, blood type and crossmatch, Idexx snap tests
- Collect, store and ship laboratory samples for reference lab testing
- Specialty skills include CT imaging, dialysis and long term ventilatory cases
- Communicate with clients to discharge patients while providing compassion and empathy in all circumstances
Advanced Technical Skills:
- Digital radiography
- Ultrasound imaging
- IDEXX laboratory equipment
- Anesthetic ventilation
We are proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Veterinary Technicians: $20 per hour (more with experience)
- Experience working in a veterinary practice preferred but not required if certified or licensed in veterinary technology
- Graduate from AVMA-accredited Veterinary Technology program is required, equivalent work experience in emergency veterinary medicine may be considered if tech is not certified or licensed.
Full-Time benefit options include:
- Health Care Benefits – medical (Blue Cross Blue Shield Platinum), dental & vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Pet Care Discounts/Pet Food Discounts
- Scrub Allowance
- CE Allowance
- Shift Differential
RRAEH is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.