RRAEH STUDENT TECHNICIAN
BECOME A VETERINARY TECHNICIAN TODAY!
WHAT IS THE PROGRAM?
Red River Animal Emergency Hospital & Referral Center has partnered with Penn Foster college to offer students a unique educational experience. Accepted students will enroll in Penn Foster’s online accredited Veterinary Technician Associate Degree Program while completing clinical hours at our hospital.
Students will have access to a classroom for studies at our state of the art veterinary hospital for a semester fee. Anatomical models, a CPR mannikin, textbooks, and other visual aids will be available to students 24/7.
Veterinary Technician educators will check in with students weekly to maintain accountability of online progress and work one-on-one with students during hands-on skill learning. Our program educators will also help organize externship hours to fulfill program requirements that can not be completed at our hospital such as large animal and primary care medicine.
Upon program completion and licensure, graduates who remain employed at RRAEH will be eligible for partial reimbursement of program costs.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY & APPLICATION PROCESS
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to pass a drug test & background check
- Complete an essay
- Provide two professional references
- Submit a letter of recommendation
- Interview with program educators
RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS
- Canine skeleton
- Feline skeleton
- Equine skeleton
- Canine dental
- Feline dental
- Vertebral column
Course Textbooks Available for Check Out:
- Anatomy & Physiology for Veterinary Technicians
- Anatomy & Physiology Lab Manual
- Anesthesia & Analgesia for Veterinary Technicians
- Applied Pharmacology for Veterinary Technicians
- Essentials of Biology
- Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians
- Clinical Textbook for Veterinary Technicians – Workbook
- Diagnostic Parasitology for Veterinary Technicians
- Essential Calculations for Veterinary Nurses
- Laboratory Animal & Exotic Pet Medicine: Principles & Procedures
- Laboratory Procedures for Veterinary Technicians
- Medical Dosage Calculations: A Dimensional Analysis & Approach
- Radiography in Veterinary Technology
- Small Animal Surgical Nursing
- and more!
- Teaching stethoscope
- Phlebotomy & IV practice model
- Laptop computers
- Dental scaler
- Critical Care Jerry CPR Dummy
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I am already enrolled at Penn Foster?
After program acceptance, students can enroll into the partnership in the next semester.
How long do I have to complete the program?
Our program is structured for completion in 2-2.5 years.
How much is the Penn Foster tuition?
The cost per semester is $1,600. The program is four semesters making the total cost of tuition $6,400.
How much is the partnership fee?
The partnership fee will be $2500 per semester.
Can I finance my tuition & program fee?
Financial options are available for students. More information to come.
Meet Our Student Technician Educators
Carlene is originally from Strasburg, ND and received her Bachelors of Science degree in Veterinary Technology from NDSU. She has been a part of the Red River Animal Emergency Hospital team since August 2013. Carlene’s favorite part of being an educator is teaching the veterinary technician students new skills and watching them develop into knowledgeable and talented veterinary professionals. She enjoys challenging students and being their support person.
She has a Doberman pinscher named Mercedes and a Geryhound named Ernie. Carlene enjoys yoga, coffee, mashed potatoes, & Greyhounds. In her free time, Carlene also works as an ICU nurse!
Bree is originally from Minnetonka, MN and received her Applied Science in Veterinary Technology from Globe University. She has been a part of the Red River Animal Emergency Hospital team since fall 2014. Bree’s favorite part of educating veterinary technician students is watching their confidence bloom as they expand their knowledge and skills.
She has a black Lab named Gauge, a Golden Retriever named Griffin, and Smokey & Zoey the cats. Bree enjoys reading, photography, gardening, traveling, and spending time with her husband and son.