Meet our ophthalmology specialist Dr. Sinisa Grozdanic. He works with us at the Red River Animal Emergency Hospital and Referral Center (RRAEH), through scheduled appointments every three months, by treating pets who are suffering from conditions involving their eyes. Most of his work is at Animal Eye Consultants of Iowa as an animal eye consultant. Dr. Grozdanic began his veterinary career after receiving a degree at University of Belgrade, Serbia. He received his PhD in neuroscience and completed his residency at Iowa State University (ISU) practicing veterinary ophthalmology, in 2007. He chose to work as an assistant professor and staff ophthalmologist at ISU and achieved much success that helped to advance his field of study and are listed below.
- Publication of 27 manuscripts and a book chapter concerning glaucoma, neuroprotection, autoimmune retinal disease, ocular imaging, and stem cell therapy for blinding ocular diseases.
- Worldwide presentations on advanced diagnostic and treatment modalities for certain eye diseases.
- North America’s first veterinary ophthalmologist to perform artificial corneal transplants in a veterinary patient.
- Developed numerous novel diagnostic and treatment protocols for various canine, feline, and equine ocular diseases.
- US Department of Defense and Secret Service consultant on canine units
- Worldwide pro bono consultations to more than 80 veterinary ophthalmologists on over 300 complex veterinary ophthalmology clinical cases.
You can call him for a consultation or to schedule an appointment at (319) 826-6217.
Visit animal-eye-iowa.com for further detail.